Blake and I had the opportunity to go to Utah to see Regan graduate from BYU with her Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy. I was a little nervous to be traveling without Donnie, but it turned out ok because my parents came too. Blake was so good on the plane and the captain even invited him to sit in the "captain's" chair and fly the plane.
It was fun having Sondra with us. She helped to entertain Blake and it was so sweet of her to come and support Regan. Blake loved her! He kept saying "Sondra is funny!" Regan's graduation was shorter than I expected and she was the third to walk across the stage. Which helped with Blake because he had had enough by that point!We also had the wonderful opportunity to see family and friends like Rich and Nathlie Cavin, The Frantz', The Harline's, The Mohlman's, The Hansen's, The Close's, and The Hinckley's. Clark and Kathy Hinckley had us over for a wonderful dinner Sunday night so we could see the all the people in our extended family. It was so great to see them and it actually made me miss living in Utah...just for that reason though! :) Blake was so cute with all of them and wanted to give hugs and kisses. He is such a sweet boy!
Blake loved this rug that the Hinckley's had. It was made for President Hinckley after he came out with his "6 Be's". Blake loved feeling the bees and even kept bending down giving them kisses.I think the very best part of the trip was the chance that it gave Blake and I to bond! I don't think we have truly bonded since he was born. I think I relied to heavily on Donnie since he worked from home and Blake always preferred to go to Donnie and so it didn't give us a chance to form that strong mother /son bond. We stayed in a hotel together just the two of us and I had brought his pack and play because I didn't know if he would sleep in a big bed. But he wanted to. He would say "sleep with mommy in her bed." I of course was not about to say no! It was so cute because he would climb up on the bed and bring his books. We would read a few books and then we would turn out the light and go to sleep. In the morning he would get really close to my face and say "Good Morning Mommy!". It was an awesome experience and I am so glad that I had it! Especially before the new baby is born. Now at night he has started sleeping in his big boy bed (pics coming soon!) and he wants me to come and lay with him and read him a book before he goes to sleep! That was the best part of my trip! It is funny that it took us flying across the country for this to happen, but I needed to rely on him and he needed to rely on me. I thank my father in heaven for this opportunity to strengthen our relationship!
5 comments:
I love those special moments. There just isn't enough of them! Congrats to your sister. Check out our site!
What a fun trip! I wish that we still lived there so that we could have seen you too! Congrats to Regan for graduating. What an accomplishment. We miss you guys.
Wait a second...you said you saw friends and family and you mentioned the Harlines...Are we somehow related or were they friends?
I'm glad you posted pictures. I miss Utah...That's where we are going next month. I can't wait to see mountains again.
Robyn, it was exciting to have a comment from you on our blog. I will have to check your blog regularly now.
Since my parents have moved to DC, I don't know of any immediate plans to visit OK. One of these days perhaps....
Post a Comment