This last week a very good friend of our family passed away. Dave Stuart was probably one of my very favorite people. He always had a smile on his face that was contagious. I have very early memories of Dave back when they were in our ward and we would go out to Colorado with them and the Allen's. I remember us all singing at the player piano and having game night. I also remember Dave would take us on horseback rides and always knew great snowmobile tours through the mountains. He was wonderful with children. He always has some child following him around. He was also wonderful with my little Blake. I remember at Aidan's birthday party how he so tenderly put Blake up on top of the horse and they walked around together.
I admire so many things about Dave. He was the most generous person and would give the shirt right off his back. He knew that Donnie loved tractors and so he offered Donnie the job of brush-hogging his property and even paying him to do it. Dave could have so easily done this himself, but he knew we needed the extra money and that Donnie would not look at this as work because he loved tractors so much. I also admire that Dave went out of his way to make someone happy. I saw this as he would talk with employees at Jamba or if he just came into the store to have dad sign something. He always made you feel like you were his closest friend. My mom said that she thought it was the most amazing gift to have and I agree. I also admire how much he loved his family. His little grandson Aidan was his pride and joy and little Aidan so looked up to him. I hope and pray that Aidan can keep the memories of his papadad with him and that he knows how much he loved him because we all saw it in the way Dave looked at him.
Dave had a very distinct voice and I always knew it was him right from the "hello." I can still remember him coming into the furniture store and saying "Hi Robyn. What are you doing today? How is Donnie and Blake?" I know that my parents are really going to miss him. My mom said that he always brought a smile into their Jamba meetings and he always had something kind to say.
A great man passed away on the 18th of December and he will be missed so much.
This picture was taken at Aidan's birthday. Blake wanted to be like Dave and have a cowboy hat on. Dave had placed him up on the horse when this picture was taken.
4 comments:
Beautiful tribute sister. Thank you for sharing it. Dave was an amazing man, and we are all so blessed to have known him. Thank you!
Very sweet post Robyn! We will miss him too!
Everything you said was right on! Dave is an Awesome Guy!
Heather
Thank you for sharing your memories of David. It is so nice to hear how he has impacted others.
ROBYN!!! Super cute blog! I need an email address for you, so I can send you an invite to mine. We must be blogging buds. ;-)
So fun to meet you guys! Much love
hali.nielsen@gmail.com
Post a Comment