Both my kids have had their "loveys". It is funny to me that kids are so attached to something and it is also funny to me how much money parents spend to get another lovey just in case the first one comes up missing! Blake's lovey is a cat. I used this cat as a "focal point" when I was in labor with him, so I guess it is only appropriate that this is his lovey! The only problem is that this cat is a collectors item from Boyd's Bears and Co. and it is retired. So I paid a pretty penny for the 2nd "kitty". These pics are of Blake when he was 7 months old. He still sleeps with this cat.
Kenzie also has her lovey. It is a lamb that was given to Kenzie as a gift when she was in the hospital right before she was born. This lamb is very soft. Now this lamb isn't a collectors item, but is is an older lamb from 2005. So finding a 2nd was a little bit difficult. I don't know where I would be without ebay! The only thing different is that now Blake just has to have the kitty in bed with him and Kenzie wants to be touching the lamb with her face either using it as a pillow or having it lay on her face sqeezing it with her hands. It is ALWAYS within hands reach and when we check on her at night the lamb is right with her.Thank you loveys for loving my children and putting up with the spit, snot, food, drinks and other things you put up with and for making my kids feel safe at night!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
LOVEYS!
Posted by Waggoner Family at 12:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How sweet is that. Your kids get attached to much cuter things than mine. All three of mine have loved their burp cloths. Just the plain white ones of coarse with stains all over them from spit up. Oh well!!!
She's ADORABLE!!!
PS... I still have my "lovey." Rattiest looking teddy bear you've ever seen! :)
Hope the Waggoner fam is well! Loves!
That is so sweet!!I love pictures of kids that are sleeping.
Ellen's lovey is a fuzzy blanket that a very dear friend made for her to comfort her after our house fire. She sleeps with it every night and carries it with her everywhere she goes. She freaks out if I have to take it and wash it...i swear if we are home it is attached to her. Too cute!!
Post a Comment