Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Redbud Classic 2009


This year we joined with our friends, Jennifer and Julie and walked the 2 mile Stroller Derby for the Redbud Classic. The derby also consists of decorating your stroller. We chose the theme of train for ours. Here is the final product. It did take close to 17 hours with 4 people working on it and lots of design ideas and of course Donnie putting it all together with his tools! :) It was fun!


Kenzie was in our animal car. This is her practicing the night before. She wasn't really thrilled with this idea!

The different angles of the train.
The two days that it took to make the train were beautiful. The day of the race it was freezing and windy! We are talking wind gusts of 45 mph the whole time!


Here is cute Kenzie in her lion costume in her animal car! The lion costume worked well to keep her warm! Little Cason (below) was in the caboose! He was so good and loved watching all the people. He also did a great job of saying "choo-choo"!

This is the beginning of the race. Notice Donnie, Blake and Regan in the front, Robyn and Kenzie behind them and Julie and Cason bringing up the back. It was so cold!

Blake did a wonderful job as the train engineer! He also was in charge of blowing the train whistle.

Another shot of all the people!

Kenzie apparently has a question... do we have to finish the 2 miles? it is so cold!

We all received medals as we crossed the finish line! Way to Go Kenzie!

All of us with the train!

This was about 7:00 after the race. Blake was so tired, he fell asleep on my lap. I wanted to fall asleep too! It was a long weekend, but a fun weekend! And I forgot to mention, we won 1st place! The award...Little Caesar's Pizza for a year! Kinda funny!

12 comments:

Kritta22 said...

COngrats!!!

Your strollers look awesome!!!

So how do they dish out the pizza?? Like one pizza a month for 12 months? I've always wondered that.

Congrats anyway! Your babies are beautiful!

Kritta22 said...

PS What's Redbud?

Diana said...

It's obvious why you all won first prize. What an amazing job you did! I love your creativity.

Lauren and Trevor said...

WOW! I am so impressed by your train! It looks so cool! All kids would be in heaven to be able to ride it that. Little Ceasers for a year eh? Sounds good to me!

Angie said...

That is SO cute! You guys are very creative! Little Ceasars for a YEAR! Sheesh! I guess it was worth the 68 hours put into the train!

Joni said...

Robyn! Wow! Amazing! Impressive! Inspiring! Way to go!!!

Whitney said...

what a cute idea! good work! and pizza for a year is awesome!

Corbin and Amy said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I can't believe those are strollers. That is crazy!

Allie said...

I am speechless. All I can say is WOW!!! Just the creativity involved in designing the train and then being able to pull it off and put it together, I am soooooo impressed!

Misty said...

Wow, you guys are amazing! I love your train : ) Not surprising that you won first place with a train like that!!

Stephanie said...

Great job! You're are so talented! That's awesome that you got free pizza for a year! : )

Melissa said...

Those are amazing!! You are too creative- what a fun thing to do! I love it!