Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sometimes the world is evil.....

Today I am sad and have a stomach ache that won't go away. Last night while I was watching the news (I tuned in late). There was a story of a little boy who had been murdered by his father in Nichols Hills. The little boy was darling in the pics he showed. I thought about it while I went to sleep and it kept popping into my mind during the day.

Well, tonight Donnie got home and I was changing to go to the gym and the 5:00 news came on. They were telling more of the story and they showed the picture of the father. I thought, I think I know him...but don't we all do that when they show a pic of a bank robber or something. Well, they than said his name and I do know the man. He was my doctor right after I had Blake and he is also my mom and sister's dr. This hit me really hard.
I went to the gym and the 6:00 news came on and they had even more details. I broke down in tears on the treadmill. I can't stop thinking about that little boy and how scared he must have been. I know that he is in a better place and that our Heavenly Father is holding him close.
So tonight, I challenge you to take a little extra time giving your babies their goodnight kisses and hugs....and please keep the Wolfe Family in your prayers.

6 comments:

Lauren and Trevor said...

That is SO so sad. I am so sorry to hear it.

Mommy of Three said...

I have been listening to that story as well and agree it is very sad. I will never understand how it is possible to hurt a child and when i hear stories like this i too hold my kids a little tighter.

Alex said...

What a tragic event... I can't even imagine what that little boy must have been thinking as he died. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Tori Orgill said...

i feel the same way...just sick to my stomach. ellen came in when it was on and said "mom why would a daddy kill his little boy?" i mean what do you say to that?! i just hugged her and told her that i loved her and that her daddy loved her so much!

Corbin and Amy said...

Oh Robyn..This is so awful. I gave Landen some extra kisses today.

Kritta22 said...

Oh my gosh! What a horrible thing to happen!! I just gave Connor a huge hug! Heavenly Father is definately holding that little boys hand right now! Oh it just breaks me heart.