Thursday, October 2, 2008

My New Friends!

Blogging is really a funny thing and I love looking at new people's blogs, and I like learning that the world is really small. Here is the story of my new friends... a few weeks ago I was checking my cousins blog and noticed that someone had written a comment, I then went to their page and I was hooked. It is the story of little Avery who was born 10 weeks premature. She was born right before Kenzie so I really felt like I had a connection with the parents. I thought of how scared they must be and how often they must pray for their little one. I decided to message them and tell them that I was praying and thinking about them. The blog that the dad Ryan writes brings a smile to my face and tears to my eyes. Well, we have commented back and forth and it turns out that he is friends with Mandy (Regan's best friend at OSU) and with my cousins The Hinckley's and The Nelson's. And he also lived in Oklahoma for awhile. I guess in some ways I became their "blog stalker" (in a good way!) because I wanted to know how little Avery was doing. It was all so real for me because Kenzie is close to the same age. Well, yesterday Ryan blogged that they are taking little Avery home from the NICU so I wanted to congratulate them! I am excited that you can hold Avery all the time and that you don't have to travel to see her.
Our technological world is truly amazing. I love meeting new people and experiencing the highs and lows with them. I love seeing how people respond to trials in their lives. I think Heavenly Father gave us this technology so we can raise our friends up even when they are hundreds of miles away. It makes it seem like they are right next door. I guess I should also thank Regan for helping me figure the blogging world out! Next to little Avery's blog, Regan's is the one I check most frequently! :)

3 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Blogging is a small world! I love that we can 'talk' this way! I don't know if you have ever commented on my site though! (Hint Hint!!)

Regs said...

The world is so much smaller with technology, thank heavens! And anytime you need blogging help . . . You know who to call. Love you sister!!

Misty said...

Robyn... I was in Bartlesville visiting my aunt and uncle. I need you phone # : ) I would have LOVED to have come to see you in Edmond! MAybe we'll have to plan a trip up! : )